Best PitStop Server Hardware?

dfreese

Best PitStop Server Hardware?

Post by dfreese »

Does anyone have an idea what hardware PitStop Server uses most? Recently we've been sending a couple hundred files through per day but there will be times where files that are only 500KB will take 500 seconds to process. Sometimes when there are 30 files waiting to be processed it seems like PitStop Server isn't doing anything until I restart it and a few files will go through and then it stops again. It was processing 13 files concurrently, and I switch it to only process 2 files at a time, but that didn't seem to help.
When I look at Task Manager it shows that PitStop is using around 1400MB of memory at full load. The CPU doesn't seem to stress at all.

Right now my computer has:
CPU - i7-8700
Memory - 16GB @ 2666MHz
GPU - Radeon RX550
Mobo - HP 843B
abailescollins
Advanced member

Re: Best PitStop Server Hardware?

Post by abailescollins »

Best to contact our support on this. They will need to investigate to see why this is happening.
There is a kind of debugger mode that they can get you to turn on which will grab data for our developers to analyse.
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com
dfreese

Re: Best PitStop Server Hardware?

Post by dfreese »

Alright, I'll see if I can get something submitted.
I switched out the RAM for 32gb and out of about 8500 files, the average time was 160 seconds. 151 files taking longer than 60 seconds, the max being 12000 seconds.