Splitting even paged PDFs in half saved as two files

CruzinCooler

Splitting even paged PDFs in half saved as two files

Post by CruzinCooler »

We get high page count PDFs (2400 pages as an example) that we have to save out as two PDFs, First PDF would contain pages 1-1200 and a second PDF containing pages 1201 -2400. I know there is an Acrobat tool under Organize Pages > Split that allows you to do this but you must enter an actual page count for where it is to be split. I need an automated action for eventual use in Pitstop Server to speed up and automate the work flow. We have a large volume of files and it takes time to do this manually. Is this possible? Thanks in advance.
bens
Advanced member

Re: Splitting even paged PDFs in half saved as two files

Post by bens »

PitStop Server is always 1 PDF in, 1 PDF out. It will never create multiple PDFs out of one input file. However, Switch has "Split PDF" tool, which supports variables. I couldn't immediately find a variable for the number of pages in the input file, but I might've just overlooked it. If all else fails you can use PitStop Server or a small command-line tool to get the number of pages and put it in a variable.
CruzinCooler

Re: Splitting even paged PDFs in half saved as two files

Post by CruzinCooler »

Thank you bens. I appreciate your response. I guess management will have to look into Switch if they want to save time manually splitting these files in Acrobat