Choose from Dropdown during running Action possible?

janusz

Choose from Dropdown during running Action possible?

Post by janusz »

Hello,

I have a document with different spot colors for different languages. I have written an action (see attached) where I choose one spot-color (in this case e.g. EN), convert it into CMYK, choose then every other spot color and delete them. So I have a PDF just in/with EN.

If I want to choose another Spot-Color (Language) do I have to write a second action with the same procedure just with another language spot-color e.g. DE or is there any possibility to start the action and choose then the one spot-color DE out of a dropdown which I would like to convert to CMYK and safe before the other spot colors will be deleted?

Thank you in advance. I hope my intention is clear.
Attachments
pitstoppro.jpg
pitstoppro.jpg (215.25 KiB) Viewed 3920 times
bens
Advanced member

Re: Choose from Dropdown during running Action possible?

Post by bens »

It looks like you're using the action "Select spot color by name"? If so, you can enable variables in that action.

First create a variable set with the spot colour names / languages you want. If you're in PitStop Pro that is in the Preferences pane - Variable Sets. In PitStop Server it's Window - Variable Sets. The variable type should be Constant Text, and you can type a list of predefined values. In PitStop Pro make sure to "Apply" the variable set.

Then in the Action List editor when you have the "Select spot color by name" action selected enable variables in the blue Action menu on the right of the pane. A small blue button will appear in the text box. When you click that a new window will pop up where you can select the variable you just created.

Now when you run that Action List in PitStop Pro a window will pop up with a dropdown containing your predefined values. In PitStop Server the variable value must be read from an external source, usually a job ticket or xml file.
janusz

Post by janusz »

hey bens, thank you very much! Works perfect.

But I forgot one special and very important case:
Sometimes I have to choose two spot colors the same time. For Example:
DE + DE-Preis -> That is the german language and the prices in germany.
It would be awesome if I could choose by holding shift two out of the dropdown.
Any idea for this problem?

Sorry for the inconveniences.
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto-2021-08-26-um-10.48.17.jpg
Bildschirmfoto-2021-08-26-um-10.48.17.jpg (116.75 KiB) Viewed 3901 times
bens
Advanced member

Post by bens »

Hmm I don't think that's going to be possible with a single Action List. You'll probably have to make a second Action List, this time with two "Select spot color" actions (combine them with an OR operator), and two different variables. Then if you run that one you'll get two dropdowns.
janusz

Post by janusz »

You're the best! Everything works perfect so far! Thank you so much!