CMYK to Spot

printlab

CMYK to Spot

Post by printlab »

Hello all,
I am trying to create an action list that converts a specific CMYK call out to its equivalent Spot color(ex. C: 10 M: 97 Y: 37 K: 43, to PMS 208C). I see the reverse of this (Spot to CMYK) but that's not what we're looking for. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!
melaniec

Re: CMYK to Spot

Post by melaniec »

The 'Remap Color' action will probably help: you can select a color (or a range of colors) to be remapped to a specific color, including spot colors.
printlab

Post by printlab »

melaniec wrote:The 'Remap Color' action will probably help: you can select a color (or a range of colors) to be remapped to a specific color, including spot colors.
Hello,
Thank you for your response. I found the remap action, but I can't seem to find Spot Colors from within the action.
printlab

Post by printlab »

Hello,
we found an action list, Convert Color, and we can specify it to Spot Color. When we do this we get a syntax error "No user swatch selected". We tried using the select color action but the error remained. We are fairly new with Enfocus products. Any help is appreciated.
melaniec

Post by melaniec »

printlab wrote:I found the remap action, but I can't seem to find Spot Colors from within the action.
In 'Remap Color', you can click 'Add' to get a panel in which you can add a new rule.
In the top half, you select the colors you want to change. In your case, you'll probably want to select 'Color', and in the second drop down 'Device CMYK'. There you can enter the CMYK values.
In the bottom half, you select the color you want to change to, which in your case will be a specific 'Color'. On the right hand side of 'User Swatch', there are two buttons. You can use the first button to select it from your library, and the second to grab the color from a selection in your document.
printlab wrote:When we do this we get a syntax error "No user swatch selected".
With the 'Load' button, you can select a user swatch.
printlab

Post by printlab »

melaniec wrote: On the right hand side of 'User Swatch', there are two buttons. You can use the first button to select it from your library, and the second to grab the color from a selection in your document.
I can only get to this part. To the right of 'User Swatch' I see a preview box for the black tint slider, I don't see any buttons to select a swatch. I only see the black tint slider option.
printlab

Post by printlab »

How would I go about creating a swatch in PitStop Server or how could I import a swatch from illustrator to PitStop Server.
melaniec

Post by melaniec »

I'm sorry, I assumed you were working with PitStop Pro. There's no way to set swatches in PitStop Server. Do you have access to PitStop Pro? Maybe a 30 day trial or something?
printlab

Post by printlab »

melaniec wrote:I'm sorry, I assumed you were working with PitStop Pro. There's no way to set swatches in PitStop Server. Do you have access to PitStop Pro? Maybe a 30 day trial or something?
No worries, we were able to export PitStop Pro's action and then import it into Server.

Thank you for all your help!