variable scaling

JBrs

variable scaling

Post by JBrs »

Does anyone have a way of scaling art based on the width of a trim box? I want to automatically place a proof tag at the bottom of my posters but I would like to enlarge the proof tag to almost as wide as the page to make it easier to read. I can place at 100% but then we have to zoom in to read it. I would like it to be a percentage of the width. This is strictly for PDF viewing on screen. Any help would be appreciated.
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Re: variable scaling

Post by Terkelsen »

Yeah, I have been asking for a "Scale selection"-action for a long time. That would be really useful and could probably solve this too.

I don't know what your proof tag should look like, but if you could do with text only, you could add a text using the "Add object"-action. In that case the size of the text could be defined by variables and you should be able to resize your text according to the width of the trim box.

I haven't tested this, but I think it should be possible.
JBrs

Re: variable scaling

Post by JBrs »

Thanks for the input. I have a logo and other artwork along with the text that I want to enlarge proportionally. That is good to know that you can do that with text only though.