highlighting ares with coverage less then x%

postworek

highlighting ares with coverage less then x%

Post by postworek »

Hello

Is there a way to preflight a pdf and highlight areas where the dot percentage is less than 3% (in any colour)?

I want to achieve something like in attached image - areas in red are suspicious.

I'm aware of the action "Set minimum printing dot to x%, all separations" but I don't want to alter artwork but just preflight it.
Attachments
highlight.PNG
highlight.PNG (31.87 KiB) Viewed 7111 times
abailescollins
Advanced member

Re: highlighting ares with coverage less then x%

Post by abailescollins »

I seem to remember we did something like this with the Check Ink Coverage Action.
It has more options than the check in the Preflight Profile, like 'less than', 'more than' etc.

I would suggest having a play with that.
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com
postworek

Post by postworek »

Indeed, it is possible to check the area for coverage less than 3% (for example), but in the report, the whole image area is marked as erroneous, not individual spots. Also, if one ink has 1% coverage and another has 4% it will be reported as 5% coverage, which is not correct. The check needs to work on channel by channel basis.

Is it possible to achieve something like in the previously attached image, not just a report?
abailescollins
Advanced member

Post by abailescollins »

looks like we have some work to do on this.
I think it might be possible using restrictions in PitStop 2017 as we improved the ink coverage check there.

If I have any time I will have a play
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com