What to remove?

jonas_redo

What to remove?

Post by jonas_redo »

Hi
I receive a lot of PDF files which I convert to the print format AFP for industrial high speed printing. The software that converts the PDF files has to setting where I can choose to enable clipping or ignore it and render in best effort. When enabling clipping some elements is converted to images which is a quite slow process, when disabling it well, the it is best effort and not correct in all cases. I've localized the problem (one of them anyway) and it seems to be when text are added static, like headings. See images below. I feel I've tried everything but can't figure out how to make the text normal. If you look at the wireframe image you see there is a rectangle around 3 of the texts (which are static) and the two dynamic elements are just plain text. I also include a screenshot of the same are without the wireframe view. And a third screenshot which shows how it looks when the text is selected with inspector. It's hard to see but there is a yellow rectangle around the selected text in that image.

Questions:
What does the yellow frame represent?
How do I get the texts to be "normal" like the text on the last line?
If I run an action list with "select forms" the texts within the rectangles are found but id I remove the selection or use "remove form fields" or "flatten form fields" the only difference I see in the wireframe view is that the crossing in the rectangle and the yellow rectangle can be removed but there is still a rectangle around the texts, why?

/Jonas
wireframe.PNG
wireframe.PNG (20.33 KiB) Viewed 4478 times
normal.PNG
normal.PNG (14.49 KiB) Viewed 4478 times
inspector.PNG
inspector.PNG (32.8 KiB) Viewed 4478 times
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: What to remove?

Post by Padawan »

With default settings yellow rectangles are forms. (You can change this in the colors section of the PitStop Pro preferences)

Forms can change the visual appearance of the contents, so getting the text outside of the forms can result in a different look of the text, so I would personally not be a fan of always removing the forms without any manual check.

is it possible to share the PDF file so we an check it?
(Or a minimized version if you can't share the complete file)