Getting a Page Range via variable input

jwcp

Getting a Page Range via variable input

Post by jwcp »

Hi guys,

I frequently have to reverse and rotate pages whenever I'm doing a book that is in two languages - first half being English and the second half being another language, for example. Typically the other language has its contents flipped and reversed, so the centre of the book is essentially the 'end' for both languages.

I was wondering if there was any way to get the user to input a page range and then reverse and rotate just that range. Using the Variable sets it is possible to prompt the user to input a value (number) or range (text(e.g. "33-64"), however it doesn't seem possible to use this variable in the reorder and rotate fields as it generates an invalid syntax error.

I have tried using the global settings in Pitstop - changing it from Complete Document to a specified page range but the ordering and rotation seems to operate document-wide regardless.

Is there any way to be able to prompt the user to enter a range of pages and then apply rotation changes and reorder the pages within that range specifically? Any help/insight appreciated.

Thanks.
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: Getting a Page Range via variable input

Post by Padawan »

I expect that the variable for the page range will need to be of type "Text" and the variable for the rotation degrees of type "Number". If so, then I think it should work.

Also, Action Lists only go forward in a PDF file, which sometimes leads to unexpected results. Therefore I would advise to first to the rotation and then the changing of the order of the pages.

If it doesn't work out, can you publish your action list, variable set and the values you fill in?