PitStop 2019 wierd behaviour

LasseThid
Advanced member

PitStop 2019 wierd behaviour

Post by LasseThid »

Can anyone explain why the media box reverts to it's old values after I first set it to the trim box and then set a new media box based on numerical values?
I need to split a large format poster into four pieces (2x2) and then add 20 mm of overlap in various places on the split pdf's.
Since the trim box can have different offsets from the media box I figured it would be easier to first set the media box to the trim box and then create a new media box, but as you can see in the video below once I define the new media box it seems to return to the original media box and change from there instead of using the newly assigned media box.
Any ideas as to how to get around this issue?

Thanks
Lasse
https://youtu.be/18q9oKcAHRc
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
abailescollins
Advanced member

Re: PitStop 2019 wierd behaviour

Post by abailescollins »

Hi Lasse
This is similar to other things we've talked about in the webinars.
The fact Action Lists work in one pass.
I've added some 'Split Action List' Actions.
I'll reply to the email you sent and attach them.
Nice to see the Action List Debugger being put to work, makes things a lot easier.
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

Thanks Andrew.

The Visualizer is a great tool to figure out where something goes wrong with an action list.
Understanding why it goes wrong is a different matter... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

Problem solved!!!

If you use Define new rectangle to change a page box it seems like PitStop will always use the original dimensions regardless of any changes you may have made to the page box, so in order to change the size of the page box to the desired values I instead use the Resize option, which will change the size of the page box using the current page box position.

Also, any page box that is larger or outside of the media box you will not be able to change to the media box, instead you have to remove the page box and then change it to the media box.