Is there a way to select an object of a specific size, length and width, within a tolerance) and store those coordinates

pasimon

Is there a way to select an object of a specific size, length and width, within a tolerance) and store those coordinates

Post by pasimon »

I'm trying to figure out how to identify certain marks on a page using height and width of the object, then crop the page to that area and deleting everything outside that region. Essentially I'm looking for a mark near the upper left corner, and another farther down the left side of the page. Measuring the outer dimensions would be helpful as well.

Bonus for having that same criteria for the back side that doesn't mirror the front.
abailescollins
Advanced member

Re: Is there a way to select an object of a specific size, length and width, within a tolerance) and store those coordin

Post by abailescollins »

To carry that out you need to be able to select the object, and then use that selection as a crop.
So you need to find a series of attributes that will select the object in question.

I would start with defining a region in which the object is, and then it could be a combination of color, linewidth, size, etc. etc. etc.
Repeat for the backup. That is assuming the position is similar job to job.

You can send me the file if you like. Happy to take a look.

andrewb@enfocus.com
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com