Bleed disappears

Awarnach

Bleed disappears

Post by Awarnach »

Hi,

I'm using Adobe Illustrator CS5 in combination with Connect You 11. Whenever I export my Illustrator file as a Certified PDF through > File > Export as Certified PDF... the final PDF has been cropped to the width and height of the Artboard (230mm x 300mm). The added bleed (5mm) has been removed.

If I save the same Illustrator file as a PDF ( > File > Save As ) the bleed will remain.

Problem is that most printing offices demand a certified PDF. So I add the bleed to the Artboard (240mm x 310mm), add a layer with crop marks, but then some printers says that the bleed is missing and the artboard has the wrong size.

:idea: Does anyone know how to keep the original bleed?

Thanks in advance!

Sander
Michael Reiher

Re: Bleed disappears

Post by Michael Reiher »

Hello!

Double check your settings under PDF Creation and your plug-in settings. See if you have Bleed control turned on or not. Turning it on and "Enable user control in Plug-in". Recreate your Connector and try it again (you may need to restart Illustrator to get it to see the new Connector after you launch it once). At this point, you should see the bleed controls in the plug-in and that should clear this up.

Let me know if it does not.
Michael
Awarnach

Post by Awarnach »

Michael,

I'll have a look later when our IT-guy is back in the office. Need more (admin) rights to create a new connector.

I will let you know if it works.

Sander
Johan123

Re: Action List in Connect All

Post by Johan123 »

Hi there, I am new to this forum and need some help with Connectors. I am trying to get the page size to display from the action list and when doing so in Acrobat it work and does shoe the sizes, however with the connector it creates the size but the size value does not appear.
Michael Reiher

Post by Michael Reiher »

Johan,
If you still need help with this, please email support@enfocus.com... I'm not 100% sure I understand your issue, but they can help you in your native language and I'm sure that will be easier to explain.

I'm sorry I missed this message earlier. I don't have some setting correct for my account and I'm not getting notified with someone posts to the Connect forums.

Sincerely,
Michael Reiher
Product Manager, Connect