Folder Apps v3

freddyp
Advanced member

Folder Apps v3

Post by freddyp »

Hi,

we have just finished porting the Folder Apps to Node.js. All known feature requests have been implemented and also some other functionality.
• Filetypes Counter: the counters are now also available as a dataset and not only as private data
• File Pool Cleanup: allow network folders, ignore certain files and folders, allow triggering by an incoming job
• Submit Filespec: allow network folders, allow a local copy in order to check that a file has been correctly removed from its source location before injecting it
• File Sorter and Spacer (previously File Property Sort): allow the files in a folder to be injected as new jobs spaced apart in the sort order
• Hot Folder Monitor: allow the exclusion of certain files and folders, the hot folder root is now scanned recursively
• Delete files: there is now a separate property to delete hidden files

We tested the apps of course, but especially for File Pool Cleanup and Submit Filespec being used on network folders it is difficult to test all possible combinations, and because those apps remove files we want to be extra careful before releasing this to the world. That is why we make a call here for beta testers. If you are interested in testing one or more of the 6 apps send a mail to solutionarchitects@enfocus.com. We will then send you a link from where you can download and install the apps. Note that this will only work when you already have the folder apps installed.

Once the stability of the apps has been confirmed we will release them publicly.

Laurent and Freddy
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Re: Folder Apps v3

Post by magnussandstrom »

Great news! I send you an email for beta testing.
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Hi Freddy and Laurent!

I have tried File Pool Cleanup and Hot Folder Monitoring now. They are great! Here is some feedback.

1. Feature request File Pool Cleanup:
Option to: Ignore files larger/smaller then

2. Feature request Hot Folder Monitoring:
Option to: Only trigger once if content in hot folder root does not change

3. Question regarding File Pool Cleanup:
In some root folders I got a warning: ENOENT: no such file or directory, scandir
I'm guessing this could stem from file property issues. This warning will stop the Flow element to continue scanning on interval (it turns red). Is it possible to just ignore the "faulty" files and continue scanning the rest of the root?
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

The new version is now available on the Enfocus Appstore.

A big thank you to the people that tested the v3 version of the app, and a special thank you to Magnus for finding a bug :D
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Yey! Great job Freddy!

The File pool Cleanup app is also perfect for moving files from a repository within certain time criterias (without "grabbing" the files and have Switch adding a unique ID).
gadgetjunkie

Post by gadgetjunkie »

magnussandstrom wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:10 pm
2. Feature request Hot Folder Monitoring:
Option to: Only trigger once if content in hot folder root does not change
Doe anyone have a workaround to acheive this?
Hot Folder Monitor is great but I don't need to be alerted every x minutes until the issue with stuck files is resolved.

Thanks,
Justin