App BETA testers wanted

jan_suhr
Advanced member

App BETA testers wanted

Post by jan_suhr »

I have done an app that I call Automatic Imposition, it will take the most common page formats and do various impositions on them.

The app is ready to be released but I would like to have it tested in real time production to see that everything works as intended. The app is based on Indigo sheet sizes but that can easily be changed in post processing.

To be able to test it you must have callas pdfToolbox server v9.2 and up installed since the app uses the imposition engine in pdfToolbox.

Here is the description of the app:
Automatic imposition will do the most common impositions for your digital printer. It will automatically do folders for A5 or A4 page sizes in either saddle stich of perfect binding. For the formats A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, 99x210mm and business cards it can do step and repeat, N-Up and cut and stack imposing. Note that other page sizes are not supported and will fail the job. All settings for the app can be set by variables giving you the possibility to send jobs through the web portal client. One example flow with a pre-configured submit point is part of the package.

This app uses callas pdfToolbox server as the imposition engine and consequently you have to have that program installed on your Switch server.

You have a few settings besides the imposing settings themselves, you can add pageboxes to the imposed area with trimbox and bleedbox. This can be useful for post processing of the imposed result. You can set the gap between the pages on the sheet and also set the bleed for the pages. There is also an option to add a slug line and for that you can add your own text to the slug line, it can also be rotated and positioned.
I will probably add support for US Letter format too.
Small cards with all options.jpg
Small cards with all options.jpg (64.01 KiB) Viewed 7840 times
Cut and Stack with all options.jpg
Cut and Stack with all options.jpg (52.8 KiB) Viewed 7840 times
default settings.jpg
default settings.jpg (42.12 KiB) Viewed 7840 times
If you are interested drop me an email to info@colorconsult.se

Beta testing period will be short, just to the end of next week.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps