Excel to Switch

Excel to Switch

Post by Karma »

hi all,

is it possible to intergrate excel with switch?

currently i'm trying to grab text from one of the column in excel to use as watermark for incoming pdf file using acrobat configurator + simple javascript.

thank you.

regards,

Re: Excel to Switch

Post by Arthur »

Switch comes with MS Excel configurator, but it only allows you to save Excel documents to PDF, XPS and older Excel format.
What you require is ability to read the very content of the document, which can be achieved but not directly with the Excel configurator.
You would probably need to convert Excel to XML and pick up values from generated nodes for what you are intending to use them as.

This way you may be able to get the value to be used in your script for watermarking.
I hope this makes sense and is of any help.
Malcolm Mackenzie

Post by Malcolm Mackenzie »

Post by Karma »

Arthur wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:49 pm Switch comes with MS Excel configurator, but it only allows you to save Excel documents to PDF, XPS and older Excel format.
What you require is ability to read the very content of the document, which can be achieved but not directly with the Excel configurator.
You would probably need to convert Excel to XML and pick up values from generated nodes for what you are intending to use them as.

This way you may be able to get the value to be used in your script for watermarking.
I hope this makes sense and is of any help.
thank you for your response, yes you are correct i need to read content from excel, i'm done convert excel to xml using xml mapping then export but i not sure how to get xml value from javascript on adobe configurator.

Post by Karma »

Malcolm Mackenzie wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:16 pm And there's an App for it
https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/pro ... cel-to-xml
thank you, but link provided not working