Switch Web Services module

matthew.hearne

Switch Web Services module

Post by matthew.hearne »

Hi,

We are thinking of using the web services module to develop a custom website for internal use.

The user would be able to submit artwork to switch, which would then present some information to the user based on the response from a flow. The user would then have some choices which would send them down a particular route in the flow.

Are there any good resources or examples available written in PHP for using the web services module?

Thanks,
Matt
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: Switch Web Services module

Post by jan_suhr »

You don't need the Webservice module for that, just use the Web client and Submit points in Switch. This will need the Client Module.

http://www.enfocus.com/manuals/UserGuid ... ortal.html
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
matthew.hearne

Post by matthew.hearne »

jan_suhr wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:11 pm You don't need the Webservice module for that, just use the Web client and Submit points in Switch. This will need the Client Module.

http://www.enfocus.com/manuals/UserGuid ... ortal.html
I don't think that will quite work (unless I am missing something).

I need to be able to let you user enter a job number, which will check with our MIS and supply the user with the information on screen (we can use a dedicated API from the MIS for that).

They can then choose a file to upload, which will go in to Switch and pull out information (page size, colours etc.)

This information then needs to be sent back to the user to review (on the same web page).

The user then has a choice of various workflows that they can send that file down by selecting an option on screen and submitting it.

Matt
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

Sounds like a solution I have done.

Send me an email: jan.suhr@colorconsult.se and I can tell you more.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps