PDF Scripts

primarycolorinc

PDF Scripts

Post by primarycolorinc »

How do I create these scripts and are they more benefical than running the pitstop server element?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 8.39.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 8.39.50 AM.png (63.89 KiB) Viewed 3260 times
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: PDF Scripts

Post by Padawan »

The screenshot looks like the screenshot of one of the Adobe configurators in Switch. Since you compare it to PitStop Server I assume it is a screenshot of the Acrobat configurator?

You can find the reference of the documentation on how to create these scripts here:
https://www.enfocus.com/manuals/UserGui ... tions.html

It is not really clear what you are trying to achieve, so I'll do my best to answer.

If you are looking for a way to use PitStop Pro via scripting in the Acrobat configurator: this is not possible.

There are several things you can do with Acrobat scripting and there are several things you can do with PitStop Server. Some things which can be done with Acrobat scripting can't be done with PitStop Server and the other way around. However, there is quite some overlap.

In my opinion, if you need to do something which can be done both via Acrobat scripting and via PitStop Server, then it is better to do it via PitStop Server:
- PitStop Server can process multiple files simultaneously, Acrobat cannot
- Acrobat scripting requires scripting knowledge (obviously), you don't need this in PitStop Server. Using PitStop Server you can use Preflight profiles (easy), pre-built Action Lists (easy), Global Changes converted to Action Lists (easy) and custom Action Lists (harder, but in my opinion still easier compared to Acrobat scripting.)
- Acrobat needs a UI to run while PitStop Server does not. On Windows this can be important because this means that if you use the Acrobat configurator you can't run Switch as a Windows Service.

Does this help? If not, can you give some more details on what you are trying to achieve?

Edit: If you are going to look into scripting Acrobat: in my opinion it is twice as hard as scriping the other Adobe applications.