Virual Printer - Entry point

DamienB

Virual Printer - Entry point

Post by DamienB »

Hello,
it seemed to me that you could use a virtual printer as an entry point into Switch… is that no longer the case?

I have PDFs to generate in my ERP which are intended for Switch… I would have liked to have created them directly via a virtual printer.
laurentd

Re: Virual Printer - Entry point

Post by laurentd »

This is possible with Connect You / Connect ALL icw Switch.

First add a submit point to your flow (Switch client module or Switch web services required).
Then create a connector with Connect You / Connect ALL, enable PDF creation (virtual printer), and select Enfocus Switch 2017+ as delivery method. Configure it (Switch log in), and select the right submit point.
Generate your connector and launch it, your virtual printer will be available.

If you defined metadata for your submit point, you will be asked to enter the required metadata when producing the pdf (printing). This metadata can then be used in your Switch flow.

When using Connect ALL you can distribute your connectors to several computers, including your customers.
Connect You / Connect ALL will also preflight your document locally before sending it to the delivery.
Laurent De Wilde, Solution Architect @ Enfocus
DamienB

Post by DamienB »

Thank you very much for those explanations.

is this the only method because the purchase is quite expensive for Connect All ?
DamienB

Post by DamienB »

I'm sorry, I hadn't seen the price of Connect You… I thought the product was no longer sold… I was interested in it at one time.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

There are a bunch of virtual printers that save to PDF. Such a printer could save the PDF's to a Switch folder.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps