Dialog Boxes in AI

larissas

Dialog Boxes in AI

Post by larissas »

I saw this in the "LEGACY scripting" section and this is a current issue in my workflow, but implementing this in the script feature of the Adobe Illustrator configurator did not work. I get multiple different error messages, depending on the job, but either way it does not open the file:

/ScriptElement/394/20/Illustrator_SaveAsPDF.scpt:279:414: execution error: Adobe Illustrator got an error: Error 1200: an Illustrator error occurred: -54 (' ˇˇˇ') Line: 23 -> app.open ( File ( String($infile) ) ); (5001)

/ScriptElement/394/9/Illustrator_SaveAsPDF.scpt:279:413: execution error: Adobe Illustrator got an error: Error 6: Bad digit in number. Line: 19 -> JsOsaDAS1.001.00bplist00?Vscript_?var main = function() { (5001)

Is there an updated version of this that I could use to get around those popups?

P.S. I'm not a programmer. I just started trying to learn about JavaScript a few days ago, so, sorry if this seems like a silly question!
loicaigon wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:03 pm It's funny because it seems that on my side, whatever the interaction settings I defined, Switch switch interaction off but don't reset it after the file passed the configurator.
Anyway you can change the userrinteraction level through a script on the open command instead of automatic.

Use this and see if it works for you:

Code: Select all

var main = function() {
	var uip = app.userInteractionLevel;

app.userInteractionLevel = UserInteractionLevel.DONTDISPLAYALERTS
	app.open ( File ( String($infile) ) );
	app.userInteractionLevel = uip;

}
main();
HTH

Loic
~Larissa
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: Dialog Boxes in AI

Post by Padawan »

In which propery of the Illustrator configurator are you using the script? It should be in the open property of the Illustrator configurator.

That being said, as far as i know the custom script does exactly the same as the standard functionality of Illustrator: it asks Illustrator not to display alerts while processing the script.

Asking Illustrator (or any Adobe application) not to display alerts means that it will try it's best not to display alerts, but sometimes there are still alerts shown. In that cause the only solution I found is to try to avoid the reason why Illustrator is showing an alert in the first place.

If your reason to use the script is the same as in the original topic (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1536), then a possible workaround could be:
- If it is a true illustrator ffile, avoid that the file is being adjusted outside of Illustrator :)
- If you are trying to open a PDF file in Illustrator, it might be useful to use PitStop Server to run an Action list which will remove the Illustrator specific information (pieceinfo) from the PDF file. If I remember correctly you can do this with the "Remove metadata" Action with "structural info" enabled.
larissas

Post by larissas »

I am using it in the Open property of the Illustrator Configurator. Does it matter what the script is named or where it is located? Perhaps I'm missing something more basic?

My reason is different than the OP, unfortunately. It also is currently impossible to avoid the popups. Perhaps, eventually, it can get to a point where there are less of them, but our workflow is such that it is unlikely they will go away completely unless further preferences are implemented. :?
~Larissa
PdFUser5000

Post by PdFUser5000 »

Both of those errors seem to be runtime errors which crash/fail Illustrator. Maybe look into that? If i understand correctly, even if you don't display those alerts, Illustrator will still close.