Pitstop Checkpoint Problem

stdougal

Pitstop Checkpoint Problem

Post by stdougal »

Hi

I am a new user of Switch and I have encountered a slight problem.

We have a workflow with a pitstop preflight check with 2 connection lines leaving it. It checks the artwork file and if it is successful then the artwork continues into the "good" folder and continues on in the flow. However the second line is for "warning and fail" and this line continues on to a switch client checkpoint for our prepress operator to manually look at problem and decide if file is "good" and continue onto the good folder or if the artwork needs to be replaced and then continue onto good folder.

The problem is on this checkpoint it seems to be that when a file passes through our pitstop preflight check point and is deemed good by operator we get the report only. I have changed things around on the connection line to: with log only (we just get report and no artwork!) // data and log (artwork and no report for switch client operator to verify) // data only (where we don’t see the warnings/issue’s pitstop throws up!)

Sorry for long post and I hope this makes sense

Thanks for your help
bens
Advanced member

Re: Pitstop Checkpoint Problem

Post by bens »

Hi,

If you set the connection to "Data with log", and also in the checkpoint set "Enable report viewing" to "Yes", it should work. Make sure the dataset name on the checkpoint matches that for the data with log connection. Both default to "Log", but if you change one you have to change the other as well.

Hope this helps,
bens
stdougal

Post by stdougal »

Thank you Bens for your reply

I tried your suggestion however when the artwork reaches the switch client checkpoint there is no pitstop report to view! The only way I can get the pitstop report to display at the checkpoint is if the connection is set to "log". Also the dataset on both are set to "Log" (I didn't change the default setting)

On the pitstop icon I have tried the various report types (aiming for the pdf minimum type!)

Would you have any other suggestions?
stdougal

Post by stdougal »

Just did another check and I realised that in the Switch Client I should be opening "more actions" to view the report!

Thanks for your help