I need to compare the trim box in a pdf to the trim defined in the xml job ticket.

cwswitch

I need to compare the trim box in a pdf to the trim defined in the xml job ticket.

Post by cwswitch »

1) Which part of Switch do I use to pull the info from the PDF? (I have Pitstop Server if required but would still need to know how if that's the way)
2) Which part of Switch do I use to pull the info from the ticket?
3) How do I perform the comparison?
4) Can I allow for orientation mismatches? e.g. 210x297 is good for 297x210

This is to form a drag and drop flow where the sales rep can drop in a job and be informed pass/fail. It's stand alone, not part of a larger flow.
abailescollins
Advanced member

Re: I need to compare the trim box in a pdf to the trim defined in the xml job ticket.

Post by abailescollins »

Basically do it in the PitStop preflight profile using a variable in the page size check (set page size to be defined by the Trim Box).
Switch will get the value from the xml and pass it to the check in PitStop.
I'll leave the Switch gurus to tell you how to grab it.
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com
sander
Advanced member

Re: I need to compare the trim box in a pdf to the trim defined in the xml job ticket.

Post by sander »

I do it this way, very simple, very effective.

Left:

Code: Select all

[Switch.Calculation:Expression="[Stats.TrimBoxWidth]*0.352777778",Precision="1"]x[Switch.Calculation:Expression="[Stats.TrimBoxHeight]*0.352777778",Precision="1"]
Right, set the values from your XML over here.

Code: Select all

[Job.PrivateData:Key="HotfolderNaam",Before="x"].0x[Job.PrivateData:Key="HotfolderNaam",After="x"].0
I'm Dutch, all I do is in mm, no points or whatever ;)
John.Dean

Post by John.Dean »

I just tried to post a lengthy reply and was punished by a timeout. Lost my wall of text. So, see attached flow.

Drop in a folder which contains the PDF and XML. The flow adds a pass_ or fail_ prefix to the file name.
CheckTrim.jpg
CheckTrim.jpg (30.04 KiB) Viewed 9512 times
Check PDF Trim.sflow.zip
(18.66 KiB) Downloaded 814 times
cwswitch

Post by cwswitch »

Thanks for the replies, very useful indeed!