Specific language symbols not showing up in preflight report

Post Reply
RytisT
Member
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:18 pm

Specific language symbols not showing up in preflight report

Post by RytisT » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:19 am

Hello. Im having problem with showing my language specific symbols, (which are: ą,č,ę,ė,į,š,ų,ū,ž)

Problem is, a few does show up, some doesn't: http://prntscr.com/l8um3d

Any ideas on how I could fix this?

My idea was that this font simply doesn't have those letters in itself, but in prefs file of report, I changed all the fonts to Arial (which does have the symbols), but when I type in those letters, they appear in font name MS PGothic : http://prntscr.com/l8umjj even though I changed every font to Arial, any ideas? Thanks.

bens
Member
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:13 am

Re: Specific language symbols not showing up in preflight report

Post by bens » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:31 pm

There are several tags in the report template related to fonts, and also in the accompanying PDF the fonts must be embedded. If you want to use Arial, make sure you edit all of these. PitStop will use a heuristic approach to find the best fit for each text line - which can result in some characters using a different font, even in one preflight item.

See example 2 on http://www.enfocus.com/manuals/Extra/Cu ... onfig.html and part 3 on http://www.enfocus.com/manuals/Extra/Cu ... ntent.html

RytisT
Member
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:18 pm

Re: Specific language symbols not showing up in preflight report

Post by RytisT » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:07 pm

bens wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:31 pm
There are several tags in the report template related to fonts, and also in the accompanying PDF the fonts must be embedded. If you want to use Arial, make sure you edit all of these. PitStop will use a heuristic approach to find the best fit for each text line - which can result in some characters using a different font, even in one preflight item.

See example 2 on http://www.enfocus.com/manuals/Extra/Cu ... onfig.html and part 3 on http://www.enfocus.com/manuals/Extra/Cu ... ntent.html
Problem is, is that I did changed every single text font there to Arial, also changed those two fonts in PDF Template file (even though, I don't understand how that works, I've just created two texts with "Arial" in them, and outlined them? Not sure how that works.) But still no dice, still is the same.

RytisT
Member
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:18 pm

Re: Specific language symbols not showing up in preflight report

Post by RytisT » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:37 am

If anyone has enough kindness and will to take a gander to my files, I'm attaching them :D https://we.tl/t-8vini2ic6x

Please, and thank you!

And this is what I get with this template: http://prntscr.com/l9a8f2 (6 missing letters.)

bens
Member
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:13 am

Re: Specific language symbols not showing up in preflight report

Post by bens » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:24 am

RytisT wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:07 pm
I've just created two texts with "Arial" in them, and outlined them? Not sure how that works.
Don't outline them, but embed the font. The font resource embedded in the report template is used when generating the report. If the font is not embedded (or worse, if outlined it's not present at all), a fallback will be used.
The actual text on the page doesn't matter, just make sure the font is completely embedded.

RytisT
Member
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:18 pm

Re: Specific language symbols not showing up in preflight report

Post by RytisT » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:38 pm

bens wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:24 am
RytisT wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:07 pm
I've just created two texts with "Arial" in them, and outlined them? Not sure how that works.
Don't outline them, but embed the font. The font resource embedded in the report template is used when generating the report. If the font is not embedded (or worse, if outlined it's not present at all), a fallback will be used.
The actual text on the page doesn't matter, just make sure the font is completely embedded.
I've just embedded those two fonts as Arial, still no dice :( still not getting those symbols. Any other ideas maybe?

bens
Member
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:13 am

Re: Specific language symbols not showing up in preflight report

Post by bens » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:43 pm

Embedding should work; if not, you should probably contact Enfocus support through the support portal at https://www.enfocus.com/en/support

RytisT
Member
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:18 pm

Re: Specific language symbols not showing up in preflight report

Post by RytisT » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:09 am

bens wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:43 pm
Embedding should work; if not, you should probably contact Enfocus support through the support portal at https://www.enfocus.com/en/support
Embedding did not work. Altough I re-did the template (started from default, and changed a bunch of things again), and some letters did appear, but still not all..

Yeah, I'll contact support, something I should've done at first probabbly. Thanks for help!

Post Reply