Preflight Check RGB - less than 300 dpi - transparacnies

simonk

Preflight Check RGB - less than 300 dpi - transparacnies

Post by simonk »

Hi All
First post, please can you tell me how I can get hold of an action list to do each of the following against PDF files please

Check for RGB content
images use less than 300 dpi
Transparencies within a document

Ideally I am looking for one action list each, as I can build separate workflows around these, I have found the embedded fonts list I want and this works on flagging an error now not just a warning.
as I use the reports for customers, and am trying to automate as much as I can
currently using version 13 update 2

Any help would be appreciated as the files are being sent to an old press which does not handle the above very well and would like to pre-flight really than pre-flight and fix at present

Kind Regards
Simon
abailescollins
Advanced member

Re: Preflight Check RGB - less than 300 dpi - transparacnies

Post by abailescollins »

Firstly I assume you are using PitStop.

If so you don't want an Action List, use a Preflight Profile instead.
Far easier to configure and understand, Action Lists are really for more complicated or specific stuff.

Pretty easy. Just create an new profile, add the checks you need and fixes as well if you need them.

Here's one I made. This is actually created in PitStop 2019. But as it does not contain any of the new features it should be ok.
https://esko.box.com/s/9fy1ng4ra4nhfvexpaquvsl46hdbrji9

To edit just select the tabs on the left, and they will show the relevant checks and settings.
Not all tabs are used. Just fonts, Images, Color and Transparency. If you look there is a slight color difference in the tab to the empty ones,
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com
simonk

Re: Preflight Check RGB - less than 300 dpi - transparacnies

Post by simonk »

Thank you for your help, i was using Pit stop edit so had no access to the preflighting option tab :(
i have downloaded a trial version of Pro 19, and can see all the available options :)
thanks again