Actions & Preflights

abonsey

Actions & Preflights

Post by abonsey »

I have Pitstop Server running within Switch that has actions & preflights running.

I have an action to select all objects from the Marks & Bleeds layer, put them on to Layer 1 and then remove the empty layer.
I have a preflight to check for multiple layers ie any other additional layers

As far as I'm aware actions perform before preflights, therefore in the case on my test PDF with those 2 layers I should end up with 1 layer (which I do) but I then get a fail because of multiple layers!
In the report it shows the fix as being done but failing for multiple layers!? Looking at the output PDF it's a single layer.

Am I missing something ie not the right sequence?

TIA

Andrew
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: Actions & Preflights

Post by freddyp »

I cannot immediately explain this, I would have to see all the action lists and the order in which they are performed. Perhaps the file itself is also necessary. But before digging too deep, try out this much simpler approach: use the "Rename layer" action.
Liv

Post by Liv »

You could "flatten layers preserve look". That should help with the extra layers.
abonsey

Post by abonsey »

I need only those layers merging within the flow so I can't just flatten.
Freddy - I've sent to some files via email. Let me know your thoughts.
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

I thought you were doing something in an Action List inside the preflight profile for checking the presence of layers because the "Document has layers" check that you use in the preflight profile checks for the presence of layers, however many. There is your problem.

As to the solution, I have attached a ZIP containing your Action List, but modified to make it work. The principle is that it selects objects that are in layers with a name that is not equal to "Layer 1". If objects are selected, it means there must be other layers, so Log selection will log that. If nothing is selected, then there is only "Layer 1" and nothing will be logged.

As the Action List itself already does the layer check, you must remove the check from the preflight profile of course.

An additional suggestion: create 2 Action Lists from the one that is attached, one that changes the layers and one that checks the presence of just "Layer 1" and add them to the "Extra - Action Lists" section of the Preflight Profile, one at the top where the Action Lists that change the file belong, and the other one at the bottom where the checking Action Lists belong.
Attachments
Flatten Marks & Bleeds layers corrected.eal.zip
Modified Action List
(2.32 KiB) Downloaded 519 times