Connect All Preflight Sign Off

John.Dean

Post by John.Dean »

I didn't see that this question had been asked before, so I'm posing it here.

I have created a Connector with Connect All 11 update 1. It preflights the files okay, but I have enabled Sign-off. When the issues are signed off, the Connector appears to be passing the files and completes. When I open the PDF that has been signed off and check the certified status, the file is still in error. It appears that the sign off from the Connector is not maintained. I am hoping that I am missing something simple.

Thanks.
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

What you are probably missing is that you can only sign off on errors that were set to "Sign-off" in the preflight profile. Regular "Error"s cannot be signed off.

That is logical. There are checks for which you want to give the user the right to overrule the error status (e.g. image resolution, because it may be there is no image available with a higher resolution), but there are also errors that are plain errors that a user should be not be able to override (e.g. missing fonts).

So, yes you can have a situation where you sign off what was defined as "Sign-off", but that does not mean there are not any other errors for which you had no opportunity to sign them off.

When you check the PDF coming from Connect ALL you can see that. Errors that were signed off are converted to warnings, and in the Certified PDF status you also see that.

Freddy