unknown objects

anon69

unknown objects

Post by anon69 »

hello, it seems that i need some help again. so i have this file that has these weird objects. they reside outside of the crop box, im able to delete them using an action but it also deletes clipping masks which causes problems. if i just select the objects manually and delete them, everything works alright. the problem is that i don't want to do it manually because the file has many pages. can anyone please help? i have tried creating several actions but i have failed. thanks in advance for any and all help. btw, i have included a sample.

http://dropcanvas.com/v1eou

dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

unknown objects

Post by dkelly »

They appear to be clippaths for the trim and bleed boxes.
anon69

unknown objects

Post by anon69 »

dkelly wrote: They appear to be clippaths for the trim and bleed boxes.

thank you for the help. how would i remove these from the entire file?
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

unknown objects

Post by dkelly »

I don't think there's a tool to remove clippaths because it may alter the appearance of other objects on the page.
freddyp
Advanced member

unknown objects

Post by freddyp »

The link to the file has expired so I have not seen it, but let me ask you a basic question first: why would you want to get rid of these "weird" objects? The objects are outside the crop box, so they will not be rendered, so what is the problem? Perhaps they cause problems in the further processing of the file, but if so, what are these problems?

The most straightforward thing I can think of is that there is a size problem, because rips and imposition programs will honor the cropping behavior of the crop box, but they do not take it into account for determining the dimension of the file. They use the media box (rips) or trim box (imposition programs) for that, so perhaps your solution is to set these two boxes to the size of the crop box?

Freddy
jdcl

unknown objects

Post by jdcl »