Exporting a PDF report from Enfocus Switch

darleneroy

Post by darleneroy »

Hi, I am a novice to Enfocus Switch 12.

So there may be a simple solution to my question.

In setting up my pitstop server preflight I see that i can generate a report type as a pdf. How do I get this generated pdf to then be emailed to a certain address.

Can this be done?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

darleneroy wrote: How do I get this generated pdf to then be emailed to a certain address.
Yup. Just connect a Mail Send after the Pitstop action and ensure "Attach files" is set to "yes".
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

You may find that having all of these preflight reports bouncing around as email attachments can be tough, especially if they are large in size. So most people move the reports into a Switch Checkpoint and then email the user (without attachment) to let them know its ready for viewing in the Switch Client.
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
darleneroy

Post by darleneroy »

Thankyou very much for your response. This worked great. I have the pitstop reports going into a folder on our drive for viewing.
rgpepper

Re: Exporting a PDF report from Enfocus Switch

Post by rgpepper »

I'm also trying to include the preflight report with the checkpoint via email, but unless I'm not understanding all the nuances of how checkpoints via email work, I don't see how you can:

A) checkpoint's purpose is to get customer approval to move the *production* PDF to the next step in the flow
B) if you include the preflight report as an attachment by using assemble job, the checkpoint will move BOTH the *production* PDF and the *report* PDF to the next step because the checkpoint only gives a yes/no to attach files - no discretion
C) If you use the preflight report PDF as the trigger and set attach files to "yes" you would only be able to *route* the *report* PDF to the next step in the flow intended for the *production* PDF.

In short it doesn't seem possible, but it's still what I need to do 8-)

What's NOT acceptable:
To email BOTH the *report* PDF and the *production* PDF in the checkpoint email
To route both the *report* PDF and the *production* PDF to the *production* PDF's next flow step in this flow
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Post by Terkelsen »

How about using your solution "C" and use the report to inject the production file?

In other words, send the report to the checkpoint. If it's approved, route the report to the next step in the flow. Use "Inject job" to have the report trigger the injection of the production file and send that to the next step in the flow.
rgpepper

Post by rgpepper »

There we go, I'll give that a try!
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

gabrielp wrote:darleneroy wrote: How do I get this generated pdf to then be emailed to a certain address.
Yup. Just connect a Mail Send after the Pitstop action and ensure "Attach files" is set to "yes".
I'm trying to create a similar flow, but when I set Attach files to Yes I only get the customers PDF in the mail, not the actual report.
My PitStop Preflight Profile only checks the resolution for the images and is set to create a report for only Image Information.
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

Lasse,

Did you connect the Send email to the PitStops outgoing connection for logs?

Jan
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

Yes, I got it working.

Thanks
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.