Ptitstop action based on page size

abonsey

Post by abonsey »

With Pitstop able to split pages based on the page size of the first page who can you use Switch to do this?

What I've been trying to do is detect differing page sizes (easy enough) but to then decide which action to use. How do I get Switch to see the first page as 148mm and the second page as 296mm and therefore use the "split A5 pages action".

Thanks in advance for any help
compendio

Post by compendio »

Hello,

Do you like to split the pages based on the page size and save it to different PDF or do you like to execute an action in one PDF based on the size, that's not clear to me.

Best regards,

Thomas
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

Post by dkelly »

abonsey wrote: With Pitstop able to split pages based on the page size of the first page who can you use Switch to do this?

What I've been trying to do is detect differing page sizes (easy enough) but to then decide which action to use. How do I get Switch to see the first page as 148mm and the second page as 296mm and therefore use the "split A5 pages action".

Switch's statistics for page size only look at 1st page of PDF. So unless you split the PDF into individual pages you can't do it. A tool like Apago's PDFspy can look at every page and tell you the page sizes along with a lot of other information.
abonsey

Post by abonsey »

Thanks for the responses. That has clarified things.

I don't split pages at the moment, but will probably do some testing.

I may also look into PDFspy as well