Print Email and attachment (PDF)

corysawatzki

Post by corysawatzki »

I need to build a workflow that will print an email, and it's attachment (PDF). Anyone?
Cory Sawatzki
Spotlight Print Consulting
cory@spotlightpro.us
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

corysawatzki wrote: I need to build a workflow that will print an email, and it's attachment (PDF). Anyone?

You can use 'Mail receive' to get emails into a flow but you'd have to set up an email account Switch could check. It also handles attachments if I recall. But the question is how do you print it automatically. I looked into this a while ago and the best solution I could find at the time was to use OSX Automator which wasn't working for me. I'd be interested to see what other solutions there are for triggering printing to non-JDF printers.
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
compendio

Post by compendio »

On Windows, the Acrobat configurator will let you print a PDF to a local or connected network printer, have a look in the Command property of the configurator.

I don't know how stable it is and if you have a high number of PDF's, the Acrobat can be a bottleneck, because it will be open by every file.

Best regards,

Thomas