RGB images to CMYK

ChrisSigge

RGB images to CMYK

Post by ChrisSigge »

Hello,

I have problems to make my Colormanagement settings work on Pitstop Server,

I made a Preflight Profile with Pitstop desktop Version, I activated the Colormanagement

and also the rule that when RGB is detected to convert it in cmyk.

I uploaded that Preflight onto the server and Im using it with the Pistop Server configurator in Switch.

On my local computer that preflight is working fine, RGB pictures are converted to cmyk,

but on the Server it does not convert anything.

I have no idea what Im doing wrong, I did setup before actionlists and also Preflights to detect and correct colors, and that always worked.

Is there an option on the server I missed that Pitstop will use the colormanagement settings from my Preflight Profile?
ChrisSigge

RGB images to CMYK

Post by ChrisSigge »

ChrisSigge wrote: Hello,

I have problems to make my Colormanagement settings work on Pitstop Server,

I made a Preflight Profile with Pitstop desktop Version, I activated the Colormanagement

and also the rule that when RGB is detected to convert it in cmyk.

I uploaded that Preflight onto the server and Im using it with the Pistop Server configurator in Switch.

On my local computer that preflight is working fine, RGB pictures are converted to cmyk,

but on the Server it does not convert anything.

I have no idea what Im doing wrong, I did setup before actionlists and also Preflights to detect and correct colors, and that always worked.

Is there an option on the server I missed that Pitstop will use the colormanagement settings from my Preflight Profile?

The answer why it did not worked on the Server was because the Server is running in 64 bit mode

while the Adobe CMM-Engine i chose in my Preflight is a 32bit application.
freddyp
Advanced member

RGB images to CMYK

Post by freddyp »

Thanks for sharing your findings!

Indeed, the Adobe CMM is not available for 64-bit which means it is also not available in PitStop Server on OS X! The only color management engine that is available both in Pro and Server on all platforms is Little CMS.

Freddy