Switch Developer Server

LasseThid
Advanced member

Switch Developer Server

Post by LasseThid »

We have purchased a second license for Switch to use as a Developer Server, but as I'm setting it up and moving flows from the Production Server I got some error messages regarding PitStop Server elements.
Is it possible to somehow link the PitStop Server elements to the PitStop Server running on the Production Server or do I have to purchase a second license for PitStop Server as well?
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
bens
Advanced member

Re: Switch Developer Server

Post by bens »

Unfortunately Switch cannot connect to a PitStop Server (or any process) on a different machine. Depending on your situation, you may be able to use one of several solutions:
  • * Use a dummy element instead of PitStop Server; perhaps a simple scripted element which fakes those parts of processing which you require for development/testing.
    * Split the flow by sending the files to a network disk, where PitStop Server processes them and puts the output back on the network disk.
    * Use a second PitStop Server license.
thomas_zg

Post by thomas_zg »

Contact your reseller, you can get also a Pitstop Server developer license.

Best regards,
Thomas
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

Thanks for the information Thomas.
I will look in to that.
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.