Disappearing CMYK Profiles

stome

Disappearing CMYK Profiles

Post by stome »

As soon as I installed the Pitstop plug-in in my Acrobat DC, the CMYK profiles disappear from the color management section of Acrobat's preferences. I wanted to sync Pitstop's color management settings with Acrobat's but the profiles are not showing up. I don't see the profiles in Acrobat's Output Preview either.

I see all profiles when I look in the ColorSync folder within the system so I know the profiles are installed.

I tried uninstalling Acrobat DC and reinstalling it without Pitstop and I can see that all of the profiles are there.

But, as soon as I installed the Pitstop plug-in, the CMYK profiles disappear from the drop-down menus again.

To make matters worse, all of my Adobe programs are exhibiting the same issue (missing CMYK profiles) when I install Pitstop in Acrobat. As soon as I uninstall Acrobat and therefore Pitstop, all my CMYK profiles appear again.

My question is: How is Pitstop controlling the profiles across all of my Adobe programs? I tried to use Adobe Bridge to sync the color management settings across all programs but even in Bridge, I don't see the CMYK profiles there, not even the standard ones like SWOP, GRACoL, and FOGRA.

Any ideas? Please help!
abailescollins
Advanced member

Re: Disappearing CMYK Profiles

Post by abailescollins »

That's weird. PitStop shouldn't have any effect on profiles seen by other applications.
It installs it's own profiles, and also recognises the ones in the operating system.
Can you contact support on this matter please.

You don't say which version you are using, but I can honestly say this is the first time I heard of this.
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com
stome

Re: Disappearing CMYK Profiles

Post by stome »

It is very strange. My Acrobat and Pitstop are the latest versions, as well as my OSX. I thought updating everything would fix the issue but it didn't, unfortunately.