Spot Color handling in Switch/Pitstop Server

brett.donelan

Post by brett.donelan »

I have a very simple pitstop action the converts spot color to equivalent CMYK. If I use it with the local copy of pitstop I get very good results but if I then apply that action via a switch flow I get very bad results. I cannot seem to locate the reason or if switch somehow references a different look up table for this. Any assistance is appreciated.
carineb

Post by carineb »

Hi Brett,

most likely your color management settings in your PitStop Pro are different compared with those set in the PitStop Server configurator. Once both are set identical, you'll get the same results when processing those files.

In PitStop Pro you can find the color management settings in the PitStop Preferences. In Switch you'll find those on the Properties pane, note you can specify different color management settings for each PitStop Server configurator you have in a flow.

Hope this helps you?

Kind regards,

Carine
brett.donelan

Post by brett.donelan »

Ah. Makes sense. Since I was using the pitstop server configurator I was assuming it was referencing the color management settings in pitstop server. Thanks for the response Carine. That worked.