HP Indigo's G7 Conformance Or ???

msierra

HP Indigo's G7 Conformance Or ???

Post by msierra »

Most likely this is not the appropriate place for this post. We have 7 HP Indigo Presses, 3 7250's and 4 7800's. Is anyone, that is running HP Indigo Presses, using any type of Color Management?

We were G7 certified a few years back, which lasted only a couple of years. Since taking over 2 years ago I recommended dropping the Certification as we only certified with a single substrate while we run many substrates.

Now we are looking to institute some CM program that allows us to validate through reading color targets.
LasseThid
Advanced member

Re: HP Indigo's G7 Conformance Or ???

Post by LasseThid »

We have a 7800, a 7900 and a 12000 and we're using GMG Color Server in Switch to add press profiles to the files before sending them to the presses. Each press have their own profile so the job production is a bit less flexible, but the results (as far as I know) are much better than before.
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
msierra

Post by msierra »

Thank you for the reply. That's interesting, someone else recommended to use Alwan ColorHub. Both of which provide the same solution.

I'm assuming you're using Device Link profiles. If so, is total area coverage correction implemented as well?

Also, you indicated each press has it's own profile, is it safe to assume that the profiles for GMG were derived from the substrate most commonly used?
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

Unfortunately I wasn't involved when we created the profiles for the presses, so I don't know if there's a TAC correction in there as well.
We normalize everything to Fogra 39 with GMG Color Server in the beginning of the flow and then we do a conversion (again using GMG Color Server)
with the profile for the press.
I assume they used the most commonly used stock when they created the profiles.
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.