Color conversion

Ren31

Color conversion

Post by Ren31 »

Hello,

I convert colors to grey scale often, but sometimes i have white page turned into grey and more often in tabs cells.
Does anybody have an idea how to fix this ?

Manys thank's,
Renaud.
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

Re: Color conversion

Post by dkelly »

My guess be that the table cell background have some tint to them that gets converted to a grayscale value instead of white.
bens
Advanced member

Post by bens »

Hi Renaud,

It's very hard to be sure without checking the actual files: a lot of things influence colour management. Most likely is that dkelly is correct: some very light tint is converted to gray during the colour conversion. There are other possibilities - e.g. different overprint rules coming into play, different results of blending, etc. - but these are somewhat (not much) less common. You can easily check whether it's a light tint by using the PitStop Pro eyedropper or Acrobat's output preview.

If it is indeed a light tint being converted to gray you can try either changing your colour management setting, or simply turning colour management off temporarily for the conversion. With colour management turned off, PitStop will use simple PostScript formulas for colour conversions, which usually have bad results for colours but sometimes preserve black and white better than an ICC profile.
mattbeals

Post by mattbeals »

try converting with perceptual rendering intent.
I'm just a dude. Anything I say has nothing to do with any other person or company.