Selecting pages that are not equal to...

RytisT

Selecting pages that are not equal to...

Post by RytisT »

Hi.

So I'm creating a flow in which I need to select pages that are not certain width/height of trim box.
Problem is the page orientation, users sometimes may enter width as height, and height as width, so I need for the "ignore page orientation" ( http://prntscr.com/ouxvik ) to be enabled, yet when it is in fact enabled, it will select all pages no matter what size they are, even if I enter let's say a scenario:

I have a pdf of 210x297mm. I create an action that is "select by page size if trim box is NOT equal to 210mm width, 297mm heigh".
In such case, it WILL select page no matter what, because "ignore page orientation" is enabled, therefore making pitstop to check 297mm as width and 297mm as height, making it not to be equal to pdf.

Hopefully what I just wrote here makes sense and perhaps someone has a solution for me on how I can make this work? Thanks.
Malcolm Mackenzie

Re: Selecting pages that are not equal to...

Post by Malcolm Mackenzie »

If I understand the issue correctly you may need to use Switch as you can check H and S as separate conditions and
use And/Or this is in a connection to route a file if it Passes/Fails.
Also you need to allow for the W and H between ie, >295 <298 to allow for a bit of imprecision.

Roughly
Fail if
W is not 210
and
H is not 297
Or
W is not 297
and
H is not 210

Lets see if this is getting you in the right direction.
Malcolm
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

I'm a little bit confused as to what you want to do. At first you say you're creating a flow and then you say you create an action. Are you looking for a switch flow or and action list to do something to the page if the size is not for instance 210x297 or 297x210?

If you want to do something with the page with an action list then this will work:

Select All
Select by page size, Width Not equal to 210 AND Height Not equal to 297, tolerance 0.1
Select by page size, Width Not equal to 297 AND Height Not equal to 210, tolerance 0.1
AND
"Add what you want to do with the page here"
Split Action List

This will select the page if it's not 210x297 and not 297x210 and perform whatever you want to do with the page and repeat for every page in the pdf file.
For instance:

Select All
Select by page size, Width Not equal to 210 AND Height Not equal to 297, tolerance 0.1
Select by page size, Width Not equal to 297 AND Height Not equal to 210, tolerance 0.1
AND
Remove pages
Split Action List

Will remove any pages that are not 210x297 or 297x210 from the pdf.
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
RytisT

Post by RytisT »

^ I'm creating a flow that has preflight in it, which has action lists in it.

Ok, here's the context. I'm making a flow that will check if the pdf is the right size, I'd be checking the size of a trim box and bleed box based on what user has entered to switch client. Problem with that, is sometimes people send files with bleeds inside of trim box (Instead of 210x297mm trim box and +3mm bleed box, it's 216x303mm trim and bleed box.)

So if such file happens to be checked, I want the preflight to ignore the fact that it's not correct trim box size, and check for trim box size + what has been entered as bleed box size.

Example:
User enters metadata as: Trim box 210x297mm, and bleeds as 3mm.

Then for preflight to check if pdf trim box size is not smaller than 210x297 and not bigger than 216x303mm.

And what you suggest probably would work, only problem is that if user enters 297x210mm for trimbox size and the pdf file size is 210x297mm, it will spit out an error (I don't want it to) because I can't seem to enable "ignore page orientation", I enable it, save it, and it resets to disabled. (Already wrote to support about this.)

Hopefully this makes sense.
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

Ok.

This Action List should do what you're looking for.
It will log an error for pages that are not inside of page size + half the bleed with a tolerance of half the bleed +0.1 mm.
You will however need to do some modifications to it as I'm using static values and you need variables for page height, page width and tolerance (bleed).
Check Page Size.eal.zip
(2.35 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
RytisT

Post by RytisT »

^ Thank you, with a little bit of editing, your action list worked. Thanks!
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

You're welcome. Happy to help!!
RytisT

Post by RytisT »

Okay, if anyone could find a couples of minutes to check this out, I'd be thankfull since I'm starting to pull my hair out here.

Basically, here's the context, I have this flow (attached file) which works for me in pitstop, but doesn't in switch/pitstop server.
It just check if trim box size = bleed box size, or trim box metadata = trim box pdf.

As I said, it works in just pitstop if I enter metadata manually, but doesn't in pitstop server. I tripled checked the variables, which they seem fine to me. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be glad to know. Thank you.
Attachments
Bleed Check Test.7z
(1.52 KiB) Downloaded 477 times
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

Like you I can get it to work with variables if I enter page size + half the bleed as width and height and half the bleed + 0.1 as tolerance in PitStop.
However if I try to do it in Switch it doesn't work. On the other hand I don't know if PitStop Server will find the variables from the variable set if they are stored as private data in the pdf?
I set up a small flow with a submit point to enter the dimensions and bleed and then add half the bleed to the page size and save the dimensions as private data, but the result I get is the same as if I enter the dimensions without adding half the bleed in PitStop, so I'm guessing something is not correctly set up.