Concurrent execution...?

BuckXUK

Concurrent execution...?

Post by BuckXUK »

Hi everyone

I'm trying to squeeze as much performance as possible out of a flow containing multiple copies of a script element that is set to concurrent usage.

In previous versions of Switch running an Unlimited Performance Module, I was able to spawn dozens of instances of a script set for concurrent usage whereas in the current versions (2019 and 2018 update 3 with an Unlimited Performance Module that is properly licensed and activated) I'm lucky to get three or four instances.

My concurrent processing preference is set to 50 to be conservative and the Windows systems this flow is running on are pretty beefy in terms of CPU and RAM.

If anyone has any feedback or recommendations, I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks.

William Buckingham
Regards,

William Buckingham
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: Concurrent execution...?

Post by Padawan »

When you check the progress pane, does the script show as a normal script or a light script?

When switch sees a script finishes fast it considers it a light script and starts more of them concurrently.

If switch currently doesn't see it as a light script, then you might get a performance improvement by splitting up your script up in smaller scripts with smaller runtimes. When the new runtimes are small enough to be a "light script", then switch will start more of them concurrently.

Of course this only works if it is possible to split up your script.

This might not fix the cause of your problem, but it could help if it works.