crashing when loading color databases

fro10987

crashing when loading color databases

Post by fro10987 »

Hi all. I am having an issue with pro 10 crashing when i try to load the color databases to change a cmyk colro to a spot color. i have guessing a setting got changed somewhere but i cant for the life of me find what it is or where it is. running pro 10 on win 7. i have tried changing color management settings but that did not help. I dont have any preferences set (knowingly that is) i get a
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (237.42 KiB) Viewed 12718 times
abailescollins
Advanced member

Re: crashing when loading color databases

Post by abailescollins »

There's not many options or preferences for that. It should just load the color libraries.
Anything change on the system?

Are you on PitStop 10 or 10 update 1. The latter supports Acrobat 10, the former does not.
But it's the same license so you can upgrade if you need to.
Sys Reqs are here: https://www.enfocus.com/en/support/syst ... quirements
Head of Product Management @ Ultimate
abc@imposition.com
fro10987

Post by fro10987 »

looks like just pro 10 when i check for updates it shows there is an update and ask if i want to buy it. then takes me to the website like starting as a new customer. i am not sure if something updated within windows or adobe that has changed it. i thought about reinstalling pitstop but not sure that will do anything. is there a way to update to teh 10.1 that i ma not seeing?
abailescollins
Advanced member

Post by abailescollins »

You can actually go to 10 update 3
Here's a link to the older installers, you'll need your EnfocusID to access it.
https://www.enfocus.com/en/support/down ... installers
abc@imposition.com
fro10987

Post by fro10987 »

tried updating to 10.3 that did not do it. i also tried resetting my computer back to an earlier time to try to get rid of any updates adobe may have done without me knowing all to no avail still wont load the color libraries. guess gonna try to uninstall pitstop and reinstall and hope that fixes it.
fro10987

Post by fro10987 »

did a reinstall and it seems to be working. not really sure what or why but it was only the spot color i could not change to. could change to CMYK, or RGB or Gray. just leaving this incase anyone lese runs into it
thanks for the help
abailescollins
Advanced member

Post by abailescollins »

Glad you resolved it.
However it might be time to start thinking about upgrading that version 10. It was released in 2010 so it's getting on a bit.
Windows 7 is no longer supported starting next year, and with PDF 2.0 and PDF/X-6 coming next year, it might be time to give it some thought.

:o
abc@imposition.com