PDF Review Module - Automated Reminder Email

anw

PDF Review Module - Automated Reminder Email

Post by anw »

Hi!

First-time poster here.

Is it possible to send a reminder email to a person, who has not approved or rejected the PDF through PDF Review Module after 24 hours? If the file is sitting in its folder for a day, we would need to send out a reminder email.

Thanks!
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: PDF Review Module - Automated Reminder Email

Post by jan_suhr »

Yes, there is a setting for the PDF Review module that let you send the job to the error folder if they haven't looked at the file after a certain time. You can then let the job loop back to the PDF Review module so the customer get a new mail.

You can also set a counter so that after a few loops the job error out properly.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
anw

Post by anw »

Thank you for your response!

I went to the PDF Review Module's admin page to look at the settings, and I couldn't find anything. Unless I'm at the wrong place. If so, can you please point me in the right direction?
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

All the settings for the handling of jobs in PDF Review are set in the Apps properties. Just select it in the flow and look at the properties pane.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
anw

Post by anw »

I saw the properties. There is "Fail jobs after timeout." According to fail connection, there are only three connections: Problem jobs, Reject, and Approve.

Is it possible to add another folder and/or connection? If so, would I have to add another folder to the flow and would the new folder be shown on the list? Because if I pick Approve or Reject, the file would be approved or rejected automatically, which I do not want. I want the file to go to the customer for them to approve or reject again, if they haven't done so.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (10.86 KiB) Viewed 8576 times
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

The list of available folders for the reminder is dependent on how you have setup your PDF Review App, it will show the connections that are there on this one. Yes add another one and it will turn up in that list.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
anw

Post by anw »

Thank you for your assistance! I'm going to play around with it.