Inject metadata in photo

BartDenolf

Inject metadata in photo

Post by BartDenolf »

Hello,

I'm injecting metadata in photo's so I have every info when they come back from external. I'm looking into the option to add keywords so image databases can pick them up. But I noticed if I use xmp inject everything is placed within quotation marks and so image databases don't see it as separate keywords. Is there a way to avoid the quotation marks?

Thanks
Bart
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: Inject metadata in photo

Post by jan_suhr »

You can use EXIFTool to add metadata to images. It can be used with Execute command. Use the Free app Execute Command friend to easier add the info you want.

https://exiftool.org/
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
BartDenolf

Post by BartDenolf »

Hello,

After some more experimenting I have found a solution. Every new keyword is a new rule in the update xmp. But to make sure they don't overwrite each other I had to address them as dc:subject/*[1], dc:subject/*[2], ... But this gave an other problem because I got an error when writing first metadata to dc:subject/*[1]. After some more experimenting I noticed that if there was already metadata in dc:subject I got no error. So now I first put some fake metadata in dc:subject and am able to replace it with as much metadata as I want without any errors.

Greetings
Bart
stevemalloy

Post by stevemalloy »

Thank you for the solution, BartDenolf.
HarberCandelario

Post by HarberCandelario »

You can use Photoshop to do it
1. Capture the RAW image files (or they could be jpegs). Then download and open them in Bridge.
2. To add metadata to your photos, do a Select All images. By adding this metadata now to all of the original files, it will remain with all subsequent files that are created after you’ve color corrected, cropped, downsized, etc. So now is the best time to do it. Metadata can always be added later at any time, but it becomes more labor intensive to add to all files after the fact.
3. Click Tools> Append Metadata and use a template for your overall information. You can create a template at this time with the basic information that you would like to add to all of your photography. Note that you want to Append (and not Replace) to your existing metadata so that the original information stays intact. A template has already been created in this example.
4. For Individual images you can add more specific keywords in the metadata panel by clicking the pencil icon and adding your text to just those specific images.
5. Click Apply (or the checkmark icon) to save the metadata to your image files.
Download Whatsapp GB.