Incoming JDF same filename

mart3223

Incoming JDF same filename

Post by mart3223 »

Hi,

I have a flow that starts with a folder that recieves JDF files from our MIS software. But the MIS software generates JDF files with the same filename. With a booklet we have 2 JDF files (2 production lines) for the cover and the inside. If we send the file quick after each other the file is not picked up by Switch and will be overwritten. Is there a workaround to fix this problem?

Like to hear!

Kind regards Martijn
Working with: Enfocus Switch, Pitstop Server, Quite Imposing, Kodak Nexpress (max 640mm sheets and 500grs) with most options (HD, Clear, Gold, White, Light-Black and Matt fuser), Polar Mohr D80 (compucut), Multigraf, Heidelberg, GMP, Duplo, Hohner.
Zoranj

Re: Incoming JDF same filename

Post by Zoranj »

Did you try reducing time to scan incoming folder, maybe to one second?
I think default is like 10 seconds.
This might not help much, my experience has been even with one second it takes 2-3 seconds before file gets renamed.

I am not sure what mechanism Switch uses to detect changes in file system, but it needs improvement.
I work with some other automation software and it detects changes in file system instantly (it does not have all the features of Switch but this aspect is better).
mart3223

Post by mart3223 »

Yes setting is 1 second but it doesn't help unfortunately.
Zoranj wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:06 am Did you try reducing time to scan incoming folder, maybe to one second?
I think default is like 10 seconds.
This might not help much, my experience has been even with one second it takes 2-3 seconds before file gets renamed.

I am not sure what mechanism Switch uses to detect changes in file system, but it needs improvement.
I work with some other automation software and it detects changes in file system instantly (it does not have all the features of Switch but this aspect is better).
Working with: Enfocus Switch, Pitstop Server, Quite Imposing, Kodak Nexpress (max 640mm sheets and 500grs) with most options (HD, Clear, Gold, White, Light-Black and Matt fuser), Polar Mohr D80 (compucut), Multigraf, Heidelberg, GMP, Duplo, Hohner.
mkayyyy

Post by mkayyyy »

I've had a similar issue recently. I've been working on flows that have to move and process files within approx 2 seconds once they're stable. However I've had numerous times where changes to the file system took a few minutes or longer to be detected.

I've been working on a Node.js Switch Script that scans a path on an interval defined in the flow element properties and processes the contents of the path.

I've still got abit more work to be done on the script, but so far its completely removed the issue of changes to the file system not being detected within a few seconds
Zoranj

Post by Zoranj »

That would be very helpful Mathew, keep us posted on progress.