Definitions

SteveT

Definitions

Post by SteveT »

I am trying to understand descriptions specific to Switch. In reading the manual I see some terms being used and I am not sure what they mean specifically. could anyone help please?
What is "private data" and what does it do?
What is the meaning of, and the difference between: Producer, Processor and Consumer? I see these terms being used when describing the Flow elements such as submit hierarchy (producer), archive hierarchy (consumer) and set hierarchy path (processor).
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: Definitions

Post by jan_suhr »

Private data is a very useful thing in Switch. With it you can attach a value (mostly from a variable) to a job. This Private data value can then later in the flow be used to route the job, send and email or do a lot of other things. You pickup that value from a variable [Job.PrivateData]

Submit Hierarchy let you add a folder structure to a job, that structure is added to the job for the meaning that it should be reproduced at the end of the flow.
Archive hierarchy will created the folder structure that you sent in with Submit hierarchy or set with Set hierarchy,

Set hierarchy will let you construct a folder structure that you later send to Archive hierarchy for realisation.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
patej

Post by patej »

Continuing from Jan's response, producer, processor and consumer are explained in the manual: https://www.enfocus.com/manuals/UserGui ... ction.html:
- Processor: Processes jobs and thus accepts incoming and outgoing connections.
- Producer: Injects jobs into a flow from an outside source (such as an email inbox); a producer does not accept incoming connections.
- Consumer: Consumes jobs from a flow and possibly transports them to an outside target (such as an FTP site); a consumer does not allow outgoing connections.
SteveT

Post by SteveT »

Thank you for the information!