Switch 2020 and Impostrip Pro 2020 with hotfolders

guilhermebartira

Switch 2020 and Impostrip Pro 2020 with hotfolders

Post by guilhermebartira »

Hi !

I need a tip to solve a problem in my impostion flow.

I use Impostrip Pro 2020 with hotfolders.
In the flow I´m using Set hierarchy path to make the folders and Impostrip Hot folder is configured to watch this folders.
Problem is that Switch kind of hold the files in the input hotfolder, so Impostrip can´t move the file to it´s "processing" folder and them comes the error. I tested making a manual copy of any pdf to the input folder and works so Impostrip it´s doing ok.
Problem are the files that come from Switch.
Did someone pass through it or something like it
Switch Impostrip Hotfolder
Switch Impostrip Hotfolder
1.png (15.08 KiB) Viewed 9313 times
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: Switch 2020 and Impostrip Pro 2020 with hotfolders

Post by freddyp »

Once a file has been deposited in a hierarchy Switch does not hold on to the file, so I see no reason why this should not work. Is the hierarchy on a network drive? Does the writing of the file take a long time so perhaps Impostrip is trying to pick up a file that is not complete and it does not wait for the file to settle?

I suggest you also try the element "Generic application". The folder in front the element should not be auto-managed but point to the input hot folder of the third-party application, and the same for the folder after the element that should point to the output folder of the hot folder based application.
guilhermebartira

Re: Switch 2020 and Impostrip Pro 2020 with hotfolders

Post by guilhermebartira »

Hi Freddyp !

Thanks for your response !

Well we made a workaround and worked. In fact we have to set strip unique name to OFF.
This solved the imposstrip getting the files, but after it processed the pdfs´s it should delete them from process folder, but it was not working. So we set a inject line to monitor this folder
and them delete the files after they were imposed.

But I´ll try your suggestion and tell you later !

thanks !