Dummy Job Clock

JimmyHartington
Advanced member

Dummy Job Clock

Post by JimmyHartington »

I have used the Dummy Job Clock https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/pro ... -job-clock, but would like to use it with the time constraints which is possible to set on flows.

What I am trying to achive is input a dummy job every 5 minutes between 05.00-23.00 everyday.

Has somebody a good idea to achieve this?
patej

Re: Dummy Job Clock

Post by patej »

Hi Jimmy,

I agree that time constraint options would be a useful addition to it. With the current version, would a workaround work where Dummy Job Clock triggers every 5 minutes 24/7 and you then route the resulting file to Trash if current time is between 23:01 and 04:59? ;-)

edit: had to try it myself, see screenshot of the condition:

--patrik
JimmyHartington
Advanced member

Post by JimmyHartington »

Hi Patrik

Thanks. That will work.
automation

Post by automation »

patej wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:54 pm Hi Jimmy,

I agree that time constraint options would be a useful addition to it. With the current version, would a workaround work where Dummy Job Clock triggers every 5 minutes 24/7 and you then route the resulting file to Trash if current time is between 23:01 and 04:59? ;-)

edit: had to try it myself, see screenshot of the condition:

--patrik
I can't get this to work. What values do you have one the line to Trash on include/exclude, I guess you have the date expression on the line continue to the flow? I guess you don't have same date expression on earlier than and later than.

Can you share your example flow as a file?
patej

Post by patej »

The connection to Trash has include "All other".

The script expression visible in the screenshot is for the "later than or same" condition and the "earlier than or same" condition would have otherwise the same, but with 23 in the setHours(): d.setHours(23);
––> so depending on the timeframe you want the jobs to continue (OP had 5:00–23:00), you can change those setHour() values to reflect it.
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

Why don't you simply use the time constraints of the flow? The flow will not run between the times you specify so Dummy Job Clock will not be creating files. Or is that too easy?
patej

Post by patej »

D'oh, of course... We've never had the need for those (or hadn't thought of using them at least) and the discussion began with constraints for the element so I didn't come to think of that... :roll:
Thanks for the correcting, Freddy!