Photoshop Gif Creation

Whirlpool_Prepress

Photoshop Gif Creation

Post by Whirlpool_Prepress »

I have a Photoshop action that resizes to a specified dimension on the longest edge. I use this to create thumbnail versions of gifs. I was hoping to automate this by executing the action inside of the Photoshop configurator.

The snag I am running into is that my save options inside of the configurator does not include Gif. I thought I could include it in the action but that is resulting in a file outside of my flow... has anyone else done anything similar to this??
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: Photoshop Gif Creation

Post by jan_suhr »

Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
Whirlpool_Prepress

Post by Whirlpool_Prepress »

This is a really cool tool and for the most part does what it is advertised to do... the snag that I am running into is how it is outputting the gif thumbnail.. it appears to be essentially flattening the gif to the first frame (layer) which results in the thumbnail not accurately depicting the gif. I don't on the surface see any options for changing this behavior to retain the animation or at the very least the final frame/layer rather than the first...

Any other suggestions for how to include a "save as" action into Photoshop that won't result in a new file being created outside of the flow?
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

The app is not made for multiframe GIF's
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps