Split Paths In Pitstop

cwoehnker

Split Paths In Pitstop

Post by cwoehnker »

Is it possible to split paths in Pitstop, similar to using the scissors tool in Illustrator? Often times I will need to remove part of a path but not the entire path. This occurs most often with dielines when we want to convert from perimeter dies to ones with common cuts.
bens
Advanced member

Re: Split Paths In Pitstop

Post by bens »

If your path consists of separate subpaths you can just remove subpaths without affecting the rest of the path. Unselected subpaths are, by default, show with a yellow selection drawing when you select another subpath of the same path.

However if I understand correctly it's more likely you want to cut up a single subpath. This is currently not directly possible I think. What you could do is create copies of the original path, and use the path editing tools to remove nodes from those copies until you get what you want. For example for a rectangle you'd make 4 copies and from each one remove 2 anchor points, ending up with 4 separate straight lines. This can be a bit of work. Use the "Hide Selection" feature (under the right click menu) and the Object Browser to help visualise what you're doing.
RedstoneRepeater

Re: Split Paths In Pitstop

Post by RedstoneRepeater »

That's probably not the exact thing You're looking for, but maybe it will help:

There's an object with the path to cut. Draw a rectangle over the path, select both, and from context menu, choose: Combine and divide shapes > Divide.

However, this is an "Area" operation, not "path" operation.

KR