FTP Receive Not Connecting "Remote file is unavailable"

GSBSwitch1

FTP Receive Not Connecting "Remote file is unavailable"

Post by GSBSwitch1 »

Has anybody had this error with an FTP Receive? I started getting this error on a FTP that has been auto pulling files for a few years now, "The remote file is unavailable". Checking the server, username and password and all is correct. I can also successfully login to the FTP manually through a client, just not through the Switch FTP Receive tool.

FTP RECEIVE Cannot connect to the FTP host. Error: The remote file is unavailable
joshuadbooth

Re: FTP Receive Not Connecting "Remote file is unavailable"

Post by joshuadbooth »

I've run into this issue before.

For me, at least, it was an incompatibility from the way Switch sends the file and the configuration of the FTP server. Switch first checks to see if the remote destination is available, and if so, sends the file to the root directory with the subpaths. The FTP I was trying to connect to only allowed pushing a file directly into the subdirectory, not from the root directory. Switch support said this is fairly uncommon and have never heard of this being an issue before. The FTP I was pushing to didn't feel like changing anything either, so I ultimately had to find a more creative way to sending the file.