Extract PDF Annotations to Metadata or Private Data

Erazor

Extract PDF Annotations to Metadata or Private Data

Post by Erazor »

Hi there,

I would like to extract PDF Annotations to Metadata or to Private Data from a PDF. I am able with PitstopServer to give me an overview of the amount of Annotations in a PDF but I need to use this to create a report per PDF file of how many annotations there are per PDF.

Could somebody help on this please?
Erazor

Re: Extract PDF Annotations to Metadata or Private Data

Post by Erazor »

No replies, because it is not possible. Pitstop is not capable of doing this, fresh from Enfocus support themselves.
laurentd

Post by laurentd »

I have an out of the box "workaround".
If you use Switch and the PDF Review module, the PDF Review module detects the TEXT annotations already in the pdf file.
Then the reviewer can add annotations if needed.
Maybe you don't need this step, but you will need to approve or reject the document (take a review decision).
Then using the PDF Review Module Reporter app you can build a dataset containing all the TEXT annotations, and send a formated email (see app description).
Laurent De Wilde, Solution Architect @ Enfocus
Erazor

Post by Erazor »

Hi Laurent,

I build this flow. All I need is to have an accurate comment/annotation count to steer some elements in the flow. In the legs you will see A01 only accepts more than 3 comments, and A0x more than 2. If I cannot get the count of comments I cannot deliver an accurate report. I do not need to export the comments.
laurentd

Post by laurentd »

You can use the report to count the comments.
nbComments=[Metadata.Integer:Dataset="PDFReviewCollectionReport",Model="XML",Path="count(/PDFReviewReport/Collection/file/stickynotes/contents)"]
Laurent De Wilde, Solution Architect @ Enfocus