Folder Apps v3 - inserting log HTML into fixed template

blingen

Folder Apps v3 - inserting log HTML into fixed template

Post by blingen »

I'm using "File Pool Cleanup" from Folder Apps v3 which outputs a file list as an HTML job to its Log connector. I could attach this file to an email, but would prefer to insert its contents into a fixed email template. The documentation sort of glosses over this and doesn't mention how to go about it.

The first place I checked was the [Job.EmailBody] variable but that doesn't seem to have a value when I inspect the job (see attachment). edit: it seems I can't actually attach a file

Does anyone have some guidance for this?
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: Folder Apps v3 - inserting log HTML into fixed template

Post by freddyp »

File pool cleanup only outputs a log file (and sets [Job.EmailBody]) along the Error connection. In other words, you will only get this when there was an error situation!

Are you expecting a log file also in the case of a success? That would be a feature request.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

If you want to catch a log message from this element you can try the App "Get Switch log messages" that let you scan a certain part or item in your flow and catch all or specific errors that happen there.

https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/pro ... g-messages
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
blingen

Post by blingen »

freddyp wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:02 am File pool cleanup only outputs a log file (and sets [Job.EmailBody]) along the Error connection. In other words, you will only get this when there was an error situation!

Are you expecting a log file also in the case of a success? That would be a feature request.
I'm using the "Log" / error output connector. I've followed the recommendation from the documentation to set the max number of files to 1 so I can double check what's being removed, but the [Job.EmailBody] variable is still not populated. I do get the HTML file as a job in the flow, however.

I'm not looking to have this log for success currently.
jan_suhr wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:01 am If you want to catch a log message from this element you can try the App "Get Switch log messages" that let you scan a certain part or item in your flow and catch all or specific errors that happen there.

https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/pro ... g-messages
I'll check it out, but I'm not sure it'll capture the file list I'm looking for.
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

It was a bug: the mail body was not set for every error situation. I solved it and I will release a new version next week. I will let you know when it is available: it is a bundle of apps and that is always a bit more work and I want to make sure that any problems that were reported for other apps of the bundle have also been taken care of.
blingen

Post by blingen »

freddyp wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:10 pm It was a bug: the mail body was not set for every error situation. I solved it and I will release a new version next week. I will let you know when it is available: it is a bundle of apps and that is always a bit more work and I want to make sure that any problems that were reported for other apps of the bundle have also been taken care of.
Sounds good, thanks Freddy. I'll use the HTML file as an attachment for now and will look for the update later on.