Please help – Action list for brochure printing

musicprinter

Please help – Action list for brochure printing

Post by musicprinter »

Hi!
I have a problem. I often have the case that for brochures I get the content as PDF with continuous single pages in A4 format and the cover PDF separately as imposed file in DIN A3 landscape format.
This cover file then also contains crop marks, etc.

However, in order to be able to process the data, I have to integrate the cover file into the content file as 4 single pages!

Can anyone provide me with a ready-made action list for this?

I think it could work like this:
# Reset cover file to trimbox
# Split cover into two halves
# Merge with the content file
# Add back the bleed (3mm) that was removed earlier

I often have files where no trim box is defined at all. What do I do there, how can I set a trim box on a certain format?

Thank you for your patience - and a thousand thanks for your help!!!

Many greetings
Sebastian
Attachments
That's an example for the content PDF
That's an example for the content PDF
Content_A4_Portrait.jpg (228.38 KiB) Viewed 5960 times
That's the example for the cover file with bleed, crop marks and the imposed layout on DIN A3.
That's the example for the cover file with bleed, crop marks and the imposed layout on DIN A3.
Cover_imposed_Landscape.jpg (243.92 KiB) Viewed 5960 times
CruzinCooler

Re: Please help – Action list for brochure printing

Post by CruzinCooler »

Can you supply the actual PDFs?
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: Please help – Action list for brochure printing

Post by freddyp »

There is an Action to set the trim box to the trim marks in the file "Use trim marks to set page box". You can of course also set a certain size using the Action "Change trim box".

There is a Global Change "Split Pages in Half" (for covers I adise to choose the option to split landscape pages). That should be self-explanatory.

Merging with the content file is not something you can do with an Action List. That functionality is available through Acrobat. You can of course automate all this in Switch or PitStop Server.