Creating multiple PDFs with variable page sizes from CSV file

esrann

Creating multiple PDFs with variable page sizes from CSV file

Post by esrann »

Hi,

I'm looking for an automation solution for a specific workflow.

I receive CSV files that have three fields: text, width in mm, height in mm. The files typically contain about 20-50 records, but may sometimes have even 400 records. For each record, I need to generate a PDF file that has the text from the first field in a certain position and the dimensions of the trim box defined by the second and third fields. The generated PDFs should go to a certain network folder and the filenames should contain the three data fields from CSV record.

My question is: is it possible to create this type of workflow using Switch? I don't own a licence at the moment, but I might be interested in purchasing one, if it can solve my problem. I've used Pitstop Pro for a while now and I love it.

Thanks in advance,

Sakari R
laurentd

Re: Creating multiple PDFs with variable page sizes from CSV file

Post by laurentd »

Yes, it is possible.
First do this with a PitStop action list using variables and a variable set.
Then use PitStop Server and Switch to automate it, and to pass Switch variables to your PitStop action list.
If you don't have Switch yet but are considering it, as a PitStop user, here are two interesting recordings for you, on our learning platform.
Laurent De Wilde, Solution Architect @ Enfocus
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Re: Creating multiple PDFs with variable page sizes from CSV file

Post by magnussandstrom »

Hi Sakari, I have built a few similar flows like the one you describe. I have been using Switch for some years now and it's an incredible tool for automation!